Thursday 25 September 2014

Paris Fashion Week SS15

As I arrived at Gare du Nord this morning, having left the house in a lethargic rush to catch the 5:58am Eurostar from Ebsfleet (15 minutes down the road from my partners house which I can't complain about) and planned the route to Les Sablons, a little further west along line 1 (the equivalent of the central line to us Londers) where my friend lives- and where I will be staying until 29th September for Paris Fashion Week.

She lives in a modest sized room on the 6th floor, no larger I guess than student accommodation in uni halls. It does however have a certain, rather irresistible charm; the building from the outside is quite beautiful, the ground floor typical parisian luxe hard floor, comparable perhaps to what you may see in a museum. The real moment  however is when you walk outside. You sense the alluring buzz of central Paris, and at this time of year (late September) enriched with a delightfully crisp, autumnal breeze. 



After a quick spruce (hiking up and down stairs in the Metro is hot and exhausting to say the least) I most importantly parted with my hefty suitcase in exchange for -much more preferable and lighter- invitations sent to my friends address in Paris. 
Following a brief WIFI pitstop at the local McDonalds, I made my way to the Grand Palais for the first show, Guy Laroche. 


Upon arriving a rather eager 45 minutes early, I waited patiently outside the Grand Palais (little did I know that I would also be waiting patiently inside the venue for another half an hour) engrossed in my latest read, 'The Secret History' by Donna Tartt on my seemingly old school -well, first edition- kindle. I've been meaning to start reading 'properly' again and although I love everything about the sensory experience with books, the simplistic issue of weight; my Macbook Pro combined with god knows what else, unfortunately doesn't allow for any extra baggage. 


The show was beautiful, true to it's statement on the press release focusing on the parisian archetype of 'style before fashion'. The garments never wore the model, rather it was a harmonious balance, contouring the lines of the feminine form whilst projecting an effortless, sport inspired aesthetic. The girls strode confidently, non detatched as the typical procession of girls at fashion shows are predominantly directed to walk. 




I also appear to have been papped by Getty Images whilst outside waiting for the show, slightly illegal (probably) copy of the image below!



No comments:

Post a Comment